Small Budget Advertising in Southeast Texas
Small Budget Advertising in Southeast Texas
Can you effectively advertise with a small budget in Southeast Texas?
Let’s find out!
Today’s edition of SETX Advertising News should be ideal for local companies, particularly for new businesses who are facing a never ending list of unexpected startup costs.
One of the most frequent questions we receive is, “Can small budget advertising work in Southeast Texas?”
This blanket Southeast Texas advertising approach is very successful. Most of the time it requires a budget in the tens of thousands of dollars each month (banks, car dealerships, credit unions) or even the hundreds of thousands (car manufacturers, casinos).
Unfortunately, many local business owners in Southeast Texas have budgets more like $500, $1000, or $2000 per month.
This means that most advertisers cannot and should not try to run on TV, billboards, radio, print, and online together.
We’ve all seen Southeast Texas businesses that seemed to be advertising everywhere and then were closed forever 90 days later. You have to effectively use the advertising budget you have rather than trying to emulate a much larger, more established company.
Can you have a successful small budget advertising campaign in Southeast Texas?
Absolutely. Since this is such a popular question, we’ll address it regularly here on SETX Advertising News. We’ll try to deal with one or two issues that can help you in each article.
Our recommendation for this issue is:
Identify your target market. Who are you selling to? It doesn’t matter if you’re spending $50 a month or $50,000 per month if you aren’t reaching the right Southeast Texas advertising audience. If you don’t know your target market, call us to schedule a complimentary consultation and we will help you identify your demographic.
Below are some sample target markets, examples of advertisers who would do well to reach that audience, and a local Southeast Texas media platform that will help you reach each demo on a limited advertising budget.
Southeast Texas Women.
- Women are the primary decision maker for over 50% of new car purchases from Southeast Texas auto dealerships
- Women drive new credit union memberships in Southeast Texas and coordinate paperwork for home loans, car loans, and home improvement loans.
- Women choose which Golden Triangle restaurants families dine out in together.
- Women register children for Southeast Texas private schools.
Reach women on SETXFamily.com
This is a great value for Southeast Texas advertisers looking to reach women.
Southeast Texas Senior Citizens.
This group is attractive to Southeast Texas advertisers for their ability to buy large ticket items with cash:
- New and pre-owned vehicles
- Golf carts
- Vacation homes
- Jewelry and art
- Country club memberships
Reach Southeast Texas seniors on SETXSeniors.com.
The online magazine and website combine to form the leading news and information resource for senior citizens in Jefferson County, Hardin County, Orange County, and Tyler County.
SETX Seniors provides over 300 local articles each year covering topics from Southeast Texas senior entertainment through home health and hospice care and everything in between.
Southeast Texas Brides – SETXWeddings.com
Many Southeast Texas brides will spend $25,000 – $75,000 on their wedding and reception. The figure climbs further when you look at bachelorette parties, honeymoons, and sending her fiancee to pick up the ring she has already chosen from one of our fine Southeast Texas jewelry stores.
This SETX Advertising demo is desired by:
- Southeast Texas caterers and restaurants
- Golden Triangle event venues
- SETX boutiques
- Southeast Texas jewelry stores
- Golden Triangle hotels & banquet halls
- SETX bridal salons
- Beauty shops
- Makeup retailers and makeup artists
- Southeast Texas shoe stores
- Travel agencies, Honeymoon Registration, and Honeymoon Destinations
- SETX Liquor stores
- Limousine companies and car services serving the Golden Triangle
- Florists & Floral Design
- Medical Spas – Day Spas
Advertisers effectively reach Southeast Texas brides on SETXWeddings.com.
SETX Weddings is an online magazine for Southeast Texas brides with over 300 local articles each year highlighting Southeast Texas wedding vendors, trends, news, and information.
Savvy Southeast Texas advertisers utilize SETX Weddings as an online Southeast Texas bridal fair, available to brides 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Southeast Texas Businesses.
- Logo, business cards, and letterhead
- Signs and banners
- Company vehicles from big diesel pickups for contractors to high gas mileage compact cars for home health account reps or floral delivery
- Bank accounts or credit union memberships, commercial loans, and lines of credit
- Payroll services, Workers Comp insurance, and employee benefits
- A recruitment agency
- Catering for training, company parties, and client events
With new businesses the list of needs is long indeed.
Target new business in the new Refined Magazine/
One of the magazine’s primary targets remains servicing new business looking for commercial or industrial property in Southeast Texas.
In addition, the name change reflects the increased focus on Southeast Texas industrial expansion projects, SETX commercial development, and Golden Triangle living and lifestyles.
Targeting them in Refined Magazine and via their website gives you a chance to advertise to new businesses before anyone else even knows they are coming to our market.
Southeast Texas Christian Families
Advertisers desire this demographic, but many SETX Christian families avoid questionable content on radio, TV, and even the newspaper.
You have to reach them on media they are comfortable with.
One excellent advertising resource for reaching Southeast Texas Christians is SETXChurchGuide.com.
The popular site provides over 400 local articles each year highlighting:
- Southeast Texas Christian events
- Christian and family friendly entertainment,
- Fellowship opportunities
- Holiday worship times
- Christian camps and Vacation Bible Schools
- Local church ministries
- Foreign missions opportunities.
Affordable ad rates put advertising on SETX Church Guide well in the comfort zone of small churches, Golden Triangle Christian schools, Southeast Texas Christian businesses, and more.
Ads include a custom page on their site, a banner ad on each page of SETX Church Guide, custom monthly articles, and social media marketing posts to their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram followers.
Southeast Texans looking for restaurants, festivals, and entertainment.
For some that means a great dinner at a Beaumont night club with live jazz.
For others that means finding a family friendly carnival or community event.
Others seek a great happy hour special for a get together with friends from work.
No site in Southeast Texas does a better job of reaching this demo for advertisers than EatDrinkSETX.com.
The site runs new articles every day of the year highlighting local restaurants and special events.
You can find wine tastings, road trip planning tips, Southeast Texas live music listings, and restaurant specials.
The sight is legendary for their Southeast Texas Search Engine Optimization dominating categories like:
- Mother’s Day Restaurant Beaumont TX
- Graduation Party Catering Nederland TX
- Holiday Office Party Catering Southeast Texas
- Mother’s Day Gift Beaumont TX
- Father’s Day Gift Basket Southeast Texas
It is important for Southeast Texas businesses to advertise – it is also critical that you make sure those precious ad dollars reach your desired audience.
We hope today’s article has been a step in the right direction for helping find your Southeast Texas advertising strategy.
As you can see, identifying your Southeast Texas target market can help you find an advertising platform that can help you effectively reach your target demo within your target advertising budget.
If you are interested in advertising in any of the media we discussed today, let us know and we can help you get started:
- Southeast Texas Family Magazine. Women 18-54.
- SETXSeniors.com or SETX Seniors Resource Guide. Adults 55+.
- SETXWeddings.com. Brides.
- Refined Magazine / Southeast Texas Commercial Real Estate Magazine.
- EatDrinkSETX.com. Southeast Texans looking for restaurants, music, and entertainment.
SETX Advertising can help.
- Daryl Fant, SETX Advertising
- (512) 567-8068
Stay tuned for upcoming editions of SETX Advertising News.
We’ll help you effectively reach your targeted audience in Southeast Texas and stay on budget.